Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back to School Blues...I Mean, Buzz...

I'm not gonna lie.

I'm not ready.

I'm not getting that feeling that I am supposed to be getting at this time of year. I'm trying, but if I am completely honest, I am dreading the day after tomorrow when kids come back.

Maybe it's because I don't feel like I had much of a break this summer. Between shuttling kids around, teaching a class and the five workshops I attended, I just do not feel refreshed in any way.

Maybe it's because an old storage room was cleaned out and every one of my lab tables is covered with stuff someone thought I might want.

Maybe it's because I have sat through three full days of meetings. Forget for just a minute that those meetings are brutal based solely on the fact that we have to sit and listen to someone talk for seven hours a day. The bigger issue is the content that may or may not have been heard over the snoring in the back. New ELA standards. New math standards. New science standards. New social studies standards (hey, one doesn't affect me directly!). New evaluation system. Crisis training. Blood Borne Pathogen Training. MTSS training. ESI training. I am pretty sure there was more "training" in there somewhere, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is.

I am trying, but I can't seem to get excited about the upcoming school year.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always feel anxiety before the start of the school year. And sitting and being talked at for days certainly doesn't help—yikes! But as soon as the kids get there, I bet you'll immediately feel at home again.

Tracie Schroeder said...

Thanks Kelly! I certainly hope so. We have actually had some time in our rooms today, so I am feeling a bit back to normal.

fahad said...

I wanted to thank you for this nice learn. positively enjoying each little little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you publish.

My Menu