Friday, February 6, 2009

Subs

I hate being gone. When ever I have a substitute, I spend the next two days catching my kids back up. How does that happen? Of course, if they didn't pretend to not have a clue, it would maybe be a little better. Today we had quite the drama. Apparently some of our students were involved in a party that included the use of many illegal substances. So a good number of my fifth hour students were called down to the principals office. Our kids follow a surprisingly strict code of silence regarding others involved, so it was interesting to hear the conversations trying to determine the 'narc'. It never ceases to amaze me that for them, it is perfectly okay to drink yourself into oblivion, but seems normal to send their best friend into exile.

No comments:

My Menu