Wednesday, February 16, 2011

If You Give Your Kids a Scantron...

...they become completely different people.

I did a post-test today as part of ASU's monitoring of the Modeling curriculum. The second the first scan-tron sheet hit the desk, an eerie silence descended on the room.

Kids sat up straight. They faced forward. No one made a sound. No one even asked me any questions.

I have no doubt that this comes from years of filling out bubble sheets for our standardized tests.

While I appreciate the fact that they think a scantron equates to serious business, I can't help but feel a little sad about what we have done to our kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm putting together a list of the top 100 high school teacher blogs and I was wondering if I could interview you via e-mail to include more information in my article. Please e-mail me at alexisbrett@gmail.com and include the title of your blog in the e-mail, thanks!

My Menu